Hi everyone, sorry about the long hiatus! I was just preoccupied with life...lol. Not much going on this way, just working and taking care of a very active 20 month old. We've been getting calls about placements but they are not what we can handle right now. I think I've turned down 4 sibling groups. Just to give you an idea one was for a 4 month old and an 18 month old, I can't imagine chasing a 20 month old and an 18 month old while holding a 4 month. Another was for a 3 year old girl and her 5 year old sister, this one the SWer left a msg on my cell phone but I accidentally skipped it and didn't get it for three days. I guess that wasn't meant to be. So we are getting some action just not what we want. I think if spring rolls around and we still don't have a placement we might discuss a sibling group, we'll see what happens.
BTW, A is trying to convince me to switch to our agencies domestic adoption program. It's the same one we use to adopted G but honestly I don't know where we would get the money. And after such a roller coaster ride with G's BM, I'm not sure I can handle being matched and having to wait it out again. But I guess that is also an option if things don't work out through Foster Care.
6 hours ago