Sunday, April 26, 2009

We have a guest bedroom again....

Today we broke down the girls beds and took them and their dressers to their house. Once the room was pretty much empty I steam cleaned the carpet. I also wiped down the walls. Near Ts' bed she wrote 'I hate this house and can't wait to go home', it didn't hurt my feelings b/c she says that daily. I just took a wipey to it and it came off. Since we painted the room shortly before they moved in the walls were not that bad. I should touch them up but I'm too lazy. A and I dragged the queen bed back up from the basement. I put some fresh sheets on it and the girls are sleeping in it as I type.
It was a little difficult putting them to bed. It's difficult when they have their own beds let alone now having to share a bed. I kept hearing 'Auntie D, she's kicking me' or Auntie D, she keeps talking....I can't sleep'...argh. I finally had to threaten to separate them. I just have to keep reminding myself that we only have 10 days left.
A and I also cleaned the den. The den is where the girls spent a lot of their time watching TV or playing with their Brat dolls. We found gum stuck to the the carpet, candy wrappers under the couch, Desitin open and smeared on the wall ?? don't get that one but oh well, it's clean now. I'm going to steam clean the carpet in there tomorrow. I feel we got so much accomplished, it feels good. I hope the momentum last!!!

One more thing, yesterday while A and I were out and about a song came on that T loves. It made me cry. I know that we are all excited about them going home but it is also sad in a way. It's been a long hard year but there were also great times too. I can and always will see Ts' smile when I think about her....OMG...tears right now....argh. This has been so hard.

This is a picture of K so tired she didn't even attempt to get in bed. She was playing one minute and out like a light the next. You can see how junky they kept the room. It was such a fight to get them to clean it. Believe it or not, this is actually not that bad.



When they leave to school tomorrow, I'll take a picture of the room now. It is starting to look like it use too....

3 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I can understand. Those day when you can't wait for it to happen, then those moments that sqeeze your heart when it actually seems real...

Liz said...

Bittersweet! That's what it is. When we had our forgien exchange student it was that way for us. Oh,his room smelled so bad because he was, well....a pig! I took picutres of his room and he was like "What?" But we missed him just the same. Tori missed him too! She talked about him for a year later and she was under a year when he came. She remembered him but now she askes who is that kid in the picture? It will get better. Besides they are your nieces not a kid from Korea!

Blessings

Liz

E said...

What a mix of emotions it must be for you. It's a great thing for everyone, but I know you're sad too. You've been through a lot together. Ditto what Lisa said...how you picture it in your head is often easier than the reality.