Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's been awhile...

but the news I wanted to share is that we have two new placements. P is a 6 month old baby boy. He is such a great baby. I'm serious, he never cries unless he is hungry...nothing but giggles and smiles. At this point we are not sure what is happening with his BP's. My husband and I decided that this time around we are going to court to stay in the loop. The next court date is Oct. 13th, I'll try to post as much of an update as I can.

Our second placement is an 18 month old baby girl. We call her Ari, she is a very good little girl. It's been an adjustment for G, since we never had another toddler living here. There is a lot of tug of war over toys. We were told that she will be here temporarily. She has multiple family members who have come forward to care for her. BCS have been doing everything to determine which family member will be the best placement for her. In fact tomorrow is the first family visit for her. She will have two visits with different family members back to back. This is great, I can't wait to meet them! I bet they miss her terribly!

Basically our house is FULL of life and craziness!!!

There are big things happening with G too! He has started going #2 in the potty. I've never been so excited about poop in my life...it's the little things I tell ya. And we have also moved him to a big boy bed. We bought a race car bed off craigs.list. I wasn't sure about it because I never had such a thing but it's the best thing ever! G runs to his bed at night and he doesn't get out of bed, even when I tell him too. He is also so smart, he cracks me up with the things he says. I'm going to post a video of him spelling his name....



Doesn't he look so small....



Sleeping like a baby...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

wow! very busy.

Coleen and Gordon said...

Awesome! When I met him he didn't talk much, it is so cute to hear his little voice!

Jenn and Joe said...

Wow, you must be having fun! Gray is so cute! I would still love to meet up, but I no longer have any week days off, so maybe if we both have a free weekend.