Saturday, September 20, 2008

This is just beautiful!

A friend posted this on her blog and it's beautiful so I thought I would share it with all my friends/family. This is exactly how I feel, I just would have never been able to verbalize my feelings and thoughts about adoption in such a powerful and touching way.

An excerpt from A Guide to Adoption by Douglas R. Donnelly, 1987, Focus on the Family Publications

"Take 2 separate tragedies: an unplanned pregnancy and a couple grieving over an infertility problem and combining them in such a way as to solve both problems simultaneously is exciting beyond words. Through grace, the birthmother makes a painful, but heroic decision and is granted the strength to see that decision through. And also through grace, the adopting parents accept a child into their home and bestow on that child their name, their material possessions, and the fullest measure of their love and affection. A special bond exists between birthmothers and adopting parents. They have together, through a teamwork of the most magnificent kind, created a human being…in a way which neither could have done without the other. There is no greater human example of grace."

1 comment:

E said...

D, I just knew you would really appreciate it. It's your story! I can't wait to say it's mine too.