Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wedding Bells....

My mom and my stepfather got hitched Friday for the second time...lol. They just went to the courthouse but it was actually nice, the judge performed the ceremony outside, I didn't know they did that. My mom and dad wanted to keep it small and intimate but there were several family members who came to show their support. I'm really happy for the newlyweds.

After the ceremony there was a big party at my parents house. We had a wonderful time, we danced and laughed the night away. There was plenty of food, drinks, lawn games, music, family and friends....just what we needed.

My aunt (mom's sister) made my parents a DVD slide show of pictures from all the years together. We had some good laughs, some of them were old, my dad had much more hair and it was dark. I can't believe how long they have been together....they truly are soul mates. After all how many people do you know that get a divorce, then a few years later get married again...:) I want to share with you a song that my aunt had playing to the slide show, this is a song my dad use to sing to my mom all the time...check it out, it's old so there is not a video but you can still hear it. I was young when he use to sing this to my mom but I never forgot it, when he heard it start to play he became very emotional. It was great to let him know what an impact that made on me, I love this song b/c it means so much to my him and her. One of my mothers favorite songs is this one, by Chris Brown (I know he is a bad guy but...she love it). Overall it was a very emotional day, such an awesome celebration. I wish my little brother could have been there but we all know he was in spirit. Pictures are yet to come...

No comments: