Wednesday, December 10, 2008

OMG, the house is so quiet...

I'm in between clients and thought I'd jot a couple things down. It's really quiet here, not of the norm lately. A went to K and T's (for those who don't know they are our nieces who now live with us) Thinking Map Night at their school. Plus he has the baby, Go Boy....he is a brave one I tell ya.
Anyhow, we are starting to think more seriously about our next move....or next cycle,argh, it's hard to even say that here in bloggy world. Yeah, I can't believe I'm typing this but we are going to do a frozen embryo transfer next year. We have a lot going on, right? It's our fun way of keeping you all guessing.

We have 6 blastocyst in the cryopreservation at Dr. Young's office. I hate to think of them being disposed of and A does not want to donate them. So we are going to use them. I've done this quite a few times and I can't believe we are going to do it again. I wish I could say that I'm excited or that I feel positive about this but I can't. I've been let down by my uterus too many times. So please excuse the pessimistic attitude. There are plenty of things in life that I'm positive about but IVF is not one of them...at least IVF for me.

It pangs me to think that A is all excited about this and can't wait to get started. I just don't get it, does he really think it can happen? You would think after all we've been though he would have the same attitude as me. Is it because it's not his body....not his uterus rejecting all those little embryos...um?

Well, it's only December things won't pick up in this arena for a few months. But I just thought I'd put it out there to represent all my infertile sista's. We need to come together and support one another. If you are the same jacked up boat, give me a holler.


2 comments:

Coleen and Gordon said...

I wish you luck and will be here for you! I understand the pessimistic attitude... It's real, you have to fess up to it!!

Mandy said...

Best of luck to you guys! I don't think that I will ever do IVF. I know it works for many, but I don't think I could deal with it . . . to much emotional stuff!!