Have I told you lately that parenting is hard...? I love my little man, no doubt about it but dang...there are days when I can't keep up or when I'm left wondering what's wrong with my little man? Let me break it down for you a little more.....
Things that can sometimes be stressful...
1. Whining....omg, if Handy Manny isn't on or The Mickey Mouse Club isn't on (he can be playing with a toy but needs it on in the background), then it's over!
2. If he is done with cartoons and mommy isn't paying 100% attention to G, then it's over!
3. If G is playing with a puzzle and he can't fit a piece in....well, then it's over!
4. If G all the sudden wants his shoes on and mommy can't put them on fast enough...it's over!
5. How about all the times he gets up on the couch, then wants to get down, then up again, then down...up, down, up, down, up, down...you get the picture...it's over.
6. In the mornings, if he doesn't want to eat in the dining room (he'd rather eat in the living room, just like his daddy with Law and Order on...I mean Handy Manny or Micky Mouse on) and it doesn't happen...yeah, it's over.
7. Oh what about getting ready for the day? G has to know what I'm doing at all times, if I take too long he cries. I've learned to get already in 15-20 minutes.
8. Have you ever folded fresh from the dryer clothes? They feel so warm and since you are folding them when they are still warm there are no wrinkles - except for the ones that your child creates...yeah, he sees a neatly folded stack of laundry and he feels the urge to DESTROY it! I've learned to fold REALLY FAST and to keep one eye on G. G the destroyer!
9. This is a rather new one but it's probably taking the most toll on us. G wakes up every night around 1 or 2am and cries until we go in his room. I can rock him forever but as soon as I try to put him down he pops up. It's like he has some sort of built in mommy and daddy radar. Then (like this morning) he is up at 6am. Needless to say we are tired!
10. G is at the age where he is testing his limits. I tell him no but he will still do whatever it is...while looking at me. It's like he is saying "what are you going to do about it" with his eyes. ARGH!
11. Do any of you have a toddler permanently wrapped around your ankles? Some days I can't walk b/c he wrapped his little arms around my legs so tight...."mommy up, mommy up". This usually happens when need to wash the dishes or make dinner.
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm just letting you know the reality of my day/life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. However parenting is a lot tougher than I'd ever imagine. I give all mothers a shout out, keep up the good work! Now let's get to the awesome stuff....
1. I love when G wakes up and I go into his room and he greets me with the biggest smile. :) Sometimes I crack the door up a bit and play peek-a-boo with him, he loves it.
2. I love when he gives me a bear hug. He wraps his little arms around my neck so tight.
3. And his kisses...omg, he puckers up so cutely. Who could resist? I swear I kiss him a million times a day.
4. I love when he wants to relax he scoots into my lap and lays back on my chest.
5. Sometimes he'll lay his head on my should and go "awwwwwww".
6. Lately he has been pressing his forehead against mine and he rubs his nose on mine....I love it, I'm trying to teach him that is called Eskimo kissing!
7. I love looking into his big dark brown eyes. Actually I love just staring at his cute little face. He's perfect in everywhere...gosh, I'm tearing up just thinking about him. God is good!
8. I love that he tickles me and says, "tickle, tickle, tickle, dee"
9. The sound of his laughter makes my heart smile.
10. I love watching him explore the house and his toys. Just watching him figure stuff out is amazing.
11. I love that he loves to dance, I hope he never stops. Lately he is trying to clap on beat. I'll have to get it on video, maybe one day he is going to be in the music industry or a dancer.
12. How about if/when he gets hurt, he comes straight to me for a kiss. I love that my kisses make him all better!
13. I love love love the way he calls 'mommy' or daddee', it's so cute! Hearing him call me is definitely something I've long to hear forever...our dreams have come true.
These are just a few things that I will never take for granted. So there you have it, I have good and bad days but I'm loving every minute of it. I will never forget the heartache of IF but finally having a son has taken away so much of the pain, I am thankful that A and I never gave up on having children. I am a better/happier person because of G, I'm so proud of him and I always want him to be proud of me.
Edited to add:
AT TIMES REALITY HITS ME....I'M A PARENT!?!?!?! I'M A MOM!?!?! IT'S THE COOLEST THING EVER!
15 hours ago